Friday, July 14, 2006

July 14 Evening: Pictures from Boulder City


As I am writing this journal, I am trying to figure out how best to be current and also to give some information as to what our previous travels have been. Tonight I realized that I want to include pictures of the places I mentioned in this afternoon's journal.




So I need to start with the Las Vegas visit in April. We stayed at the Boulder City RV Park which is about a 30 minute drive to Robyn and Scott's house. Boulder City is a quiet small town most known for being the residence of the construction workers who built Lake Mead. From our campsite, we could see the Lake.

One of our favorite activities is to take the 3 mile hike along the Lake Mead railroad pass. You can see from picture above that we are high above the Lake. It was over this pass that the railroads bought the huge turbines for Boulder Dam.




Many of the cactus were beginning to bloom.





The colors were vibrant.




And since I had to stop to take so many pictures, the hike took several hours.

But oh, it was fun!!!







No comments: